Menu
Home Page
• Happy Easter! The school email account will be tracked for the first 48 hours only during the Easter period. If your child has had a positive COVID test result, on either Friday 2nd April or Saturday 3rd April please email the school to report this. All other emails received within this holiday period will be responded to after 19th April 2021. Please note, the school social media account may not be responded to during this period. • Our full reopening information can be found in the COVID 19 Information Hub section of this website • Please visit www.hants.gov.uk/educationandlearning/admissions and complete an application form to secure your child's place at Newtown C of E Primary School • We have limited spaces in the current Year R and other year groups so please get in touch if you would like your child/children to start school with us • Please visit our COVID 19 Reopening Hub via the parents section to learn how we are keeping our school community safe •

Update - Rock Challenge

A yellow weather warning for wind and snow has been upgraded to an amber warning from midday today. We have also sought advice on the forecast for the rest of the day and overnight; and have been in contact with Hampshire Constabulary.  We have been advised there will be very cold conditions overnight with expected snowfall, where below freezing temperatures and some further snow will mean conditions are forecast to be hazardous.

 

Therefore we, along with our local schools expected to perform tomorrow, have made the difficult decision to withdraw from Rock Challenge and we will no longer perform on Friday night.  This is a decision I have not taken lightly.

 

We are in contact with Rock Challenge UK and we will endeavour to rearrange our performance on another evening, where the tickets bought will be transferrable. I will ensure information about future performances will be given to you all as soon as possible.

 

May I take this opportunity to thank you all for your support. The safeguarding of our children and staff is paramount and will continue to be so.

 

Any decision regarding a potential school closure for tomorrow, Friday 2nd March, will be communicated to all parents by 7:30am tomorrow morning, but we will endeavour to make a decision later on today.

 

Thank you once again for your support.

Mrs Howlett, Headteacher

Top