The Fundamental British Values
It is ours, and every school’s responsibility “to promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.”
At Newtown CE Primary School we promote these values during SMSC (Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural) sessions and at all times in the following ways:
Rule of law
- A shared classroom charter.
- School policies which set clear boundaries are explained clearly to students.
- Learning Behaviours.
- Behaviour Cake.
- Students being encouraged to consider alternative pathways in lessons.
- Student Voice on key school decisions. For example, school council, pupil representation at meetings.
- House Captains and Vice Captains