The house system is designed to embody the values and ethos of the school and aims to be an integral part of our school community.
Our ambition is for the House Captains (from Year 6), the Vice House Captains (from Year 2) and the School Council to work together to create a stronger pupil voice to motivate children and further the community spirit of the school.
Our aim is to provide every child in each house with the following:
- a sense of belonging within the school community
- opportunities to develop social, intellectual, physical and practical skills
- a sense of achievement both inside and outside of the classroom
- fun and excitement through competition
- opportunities for leadership
- an awareness of individual and collective responsibility
The four houses are named after British trees and are each represented by a colour.
Every member of the school staff is also attached to a House. Being a member of a House is about being a part of a team. Every member is significant, as each individual brings unique skills, knowledge and experiences. We are confident that the House system will become an important part of school life at Newtown as our children and staff continue working together to achieve high standards in everything we do.