Further to the communication sent to you on February 22nd, 2018, please can we remind all year R, 1 and 2 parents of the Phonics Fun workshop being held for parents, which will take place on Monday 12th March at 3.30pm in the school hall.
Mrs Oakes will deliver the session and this will include:
- Information on what Phonics is and how we teach it
- The progression of Phonics learning from Year R to Year 2
- Example activities for parents to join in with so they experience part of a Phonics lesson
- Information about the Year 1 Phonics Screening Check
- Where to find resources and help children learn at home
If you would like to attend, the session will last approximately 1 hour and there will be a free crèche for your children. There is no need to book for this, please just turn up. Refreshments will be provided.
We hope to see you there!