Our school motto is: Growing Minds, Shaping Futures
At Newtown C of E Primary School, our motto is strengthened by our Christian ethos values of Love, Courage and Friendship through which we aim to promote the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of all our children, helping them to develop an understanding of positive relationships, have courage to stand up for what is right and embrace one another’s differences.
We do this by:
- Being a caring, welcoming and supportive Christian school in which staff, pupils, parents and governors work together in a safe environment
- Promoting the welfare of all our pupils, protecting them from physical, sexual and emotional abuse, neglect and bullying in line with the statutory guidance in ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (Department for Education)
- Creating a rich curriculum that provides our children with the knowledge and skills needed to become lifelong learners and responsible citizens, upholding the British Values
- Developing strong positive partnerships with parents, the church, the local community and taking part in both national and global projects
- Promoting our Learning Behaviours of Resilience, Focus, Independence, Self-Regulation, Respect and Boundaries
Safeguarding at Newtown C of E Primary School is carried out in line with the statutory guidance in ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ published by the Department for Education 2018.
These aims are supported by our Learning Behaviours (Resilience, Focus, Independence, Self-Regulation, Respect and Boundaries). Our Learning Behaviours are embedded within our curriculum through SMSC (Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural) and the Fundamental British Values (Rule of Law, Democracy, Individual Liberty, Mutual Respect and Tolerance of Those with Different Faiths, Religions and Beliefs).