Starting School with Newtown C of E Primary School
If your child is 4 or will turn 4 before 1 September 2021, they can start school in September 2021. Applications closed on 15th January 2021 for all Hampshire residents. For more information or to reserve your child's place at Newtown, as the deadline has now closed, please visit www.hants.gov.uk/admissions
We are delighted that you are considering Newtown C of E Primary School to begin your child's educational journey and we would love to welcome you to our school community.
Normally we would have various events planned for you to visit including school tours and the opportunity to meet Mrs Howlett, Headteacher, at our annual Coffee and Cake events; however due to the Coronavirus pandemic, we are not able to organise these events due to Hampshire County Council risk assessments.
However we have organised alternative exciting events and activities for you, to introduce you to our wonderful school:
- A virtual tour video for you to watch as a family, introduced by Mrs. Howlett, Headteacher, which will give you an insight into the amazing learning experiences your child will receive and to see the school in action! Please visit our video resource centre on our website: https://newtown-cofe-vc-primary-school.primarysite.media/
- A presentation from Mrs. Watson, EYFS Leader (Year R) which details important information about starting school at Newtown C of E Primary School, from the EYFS/Year R team (see below)
- Our school prospectus (see below)
- Statutory information about our school
- New for 2021! Personalised telephone calls to you from Mrs Howlett, Headteacher - Call the school office on 02392 584048 to arrange a telephone appointment. Your child will then receive a Newtown C of E Primary School goody bag in the post.
Just look at all of our achievements:
Ofsted Inspection December 2019: GOOD across all 5 judgement areas
- Leaders set the bar high, aiming to help pupils learn that there are no limits to what can be achieved
- The Senior Leadership Team have considerably strengthened the quality of education on offer
- The school’s curriculum is well designed and sequenced thoughtfully
- Leader’s quest to continually improve the school is highly evident
- The learning environment is positively buzzing
- The school is inclusive and a hub of activity where all are encouraged to succeed
- The arrangements for safeguarding are effective: Pupils enjoy school and feel safe
SIAMS Inspection 2019: Newtown is a GOOD church school!
“The dedicated leadership of the Headteacher and her passion in supporting all pupils and adults, aided by her leadership team and the governors, enables pupils and adults to flourish within this Christian school. The leadership should be praised for their determination that pupils should have access to an appropriate and exciting curriculum, which is well taught.”
Winner of Best School 2018 in The News We Can Do It awards
Achieved Outstandingly Happy School status 2018
Limited places in other year groups
If you have not received your first choice school and would like to speak to Mrs Howlett, Headteacher about securing a place at our Ofsted graded GOOD school, please telephone the school office on 02392 584048.
We also have limited places in other year groups so please get in touch to discuss your child starting school at Newtown.
During this current COVID19 period, the school office is manned 8:00 am - 3:00 pm daily, so please telephone or email email@example.com
Ofsted GOOD 2019 - SIAMS GOOD 2019 - Winner of Best School 2018 ‘The News’ - Happy School award winners 2018
Starting school toolkit
Starting a new school is a big step for pupils and parents, not only in terms of education but also as it involves going to a new location with an often unfamiliar journey.
This toolkit has been designed to support parents and pupils through the process of planning their new routes to school over the summer holidays and, as much as is possible, making them active, safe and sustainable.
There are separate downloadable booklets for pupils starting in Year R, Year 3 and Year 7, with two brand new humorous and historical films to enjoy, commissioned especially for this project. There are also lots of ideas for follow-up activities and links to many fantastic resources to support active travel.
The My Journey website also has lots of information for parents on the following:
- Social distancing on the school run
- Walking for wellbeing
Please visit the website pages below for all the information.