We welcome teaching applications at anytime. Please also visit the hants.gov.uk vacancies page for any future vacancies.
Clerk to Governing Body
- Contract/Hours: Permanent, Part-time
- Salary Type: Support Staff
- Salary Details: Grade D £20,245 – 22,785 FTE pro rata (£10.49 - £11.81 per hour)
- Hours of Work: 156 hours per year - hours are flexible/variable but is approx. 3 hours a week, 52 weeks per year.
- Location of Role: Newtown C of E Primary School
- Contact e-mail address: email@example.com
Newtown C of E Primary School are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Clerk to the Governing Body who is resilient, assertive and shows great initiative. The successful applicant will need to have a flexible approach to time. The role of the clerk will require approximately 156 hours per year, which will include attendance at approximately six meetings for the Full Governing Body, six for the Teaching & Learning Committee and six for the Resources/Pay Committees). Full Governing Body meetings are usually held between 6pm to 8pm and Committee meetings between 5.30pm and 7.30pm.
Proven clerking experience in the education sector will be a distinct advantage in this role, as you will be supporting our Co-Chairs of Governors to ensure the smooth running of the Governing Body.
- Ensuring effective timetabling, administration and organisation of governing body meetings
- Preparing agendas and organisation of paperwork for meetings, in conjunction with the Chair of Governors and Headteacher
- Accurate minute-taking of meetings, ensuring timely distribution and filing of all paperwork
- Maintaining the Governor pages of the school website (full training will be given) and to ensure all paperwork is available to all governors
- Managing and maintaining records of governor correspondence
- Close liaison with the Co-Chairs of Governors, Chairs of Committees, Headteacher and School Business Manager regarding governor body matters
- Providing advice to the governing body over changes to statutory requirements, policies or other governance matters. Support and training for this is provided through Hampshire Governor Services
Key Requirements and essential qualities:
- A good standard of literacy and numeracy (GCSEs or equivalent in English and Maths) with the ability to produce high quality minutes
- Shorthand, typing or secretarial qualifications to NVQ level 2 or equivalent
- Must have already attended or make a commitment to attend the national training programme for Clerks or equivalent
- Exceptional IT skills, especially with Word and Excel and access to relevant equipment for working from home (computer, printer, internet)
- Administration experience and must be able to use your initiative and able to work to the meeting deadlines
- Be a confident researcher, able to manage information and advice from a variety of sources
- Be able to develop good working relationships with the Governing Body, Headteacher and school staff
- Be able to maintain absolute confidentiality and have experience with confidential matters and safeguarding
- Willing to undertake any Hampshire Governor Services training as necessary for legal compliance or personal development and attend network meetings as required
You will have the option to be based in the school office if desired, allowing you time to organise meetings, prepare paperwork and complete the associated administration for the role. This is an exciting opportunity where you will need to be skilled in supporting colleagues to ensure the very best outcomes for our school. This post will be integral to our ongoing whole school journey to excellence.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and undertake the relevant Disclosure and Barring Service checks satisfactorily.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application pack or for more details and for an informal chat, please contact Mrs Stefanie Stroud, School Business Manager on 02392 584048.